Sunday 22 May 2011

Ghostly goings on from Titan

So, this is my first post on my first blog. Woooo!
Well hello to all of you adventurous peoples who like to check out new blogs.

Now, im an Imperial Fists player first and foremost, with a bit of dabbling with the Fleash Tearers when I get bored of all the yellow. But for my first post I thought I would treat you all to something that I have just finished work on.

Let me introduce you to Grand Master Mordrak and his long dead brethren!




Sometimes I just like to paint something different and try out some new techniques and stuff so this time it was the turn of the Grey Knights as I was inspired by the Special character Mordrak. He has awesome rules and fluff and I think anyone playing Grey Knights should defianately give him and his ghosts a look.
The main colour for the ghosts I used is GW Ice Blue with a few washes and dry brush here and there with Mordrak himself painted like a normal Grey Knight.

Anyway thank you for reading my first post, hopefully ill be keeping this up to date at least weekly. Please do comments, any CC is appreciated.

Oh and now ive painted these lil dudes they need to go as ive no room to store too much stuff so please check them out on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200611222121&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT#ht_1102wt_1141

4 comments:

  1. So I was going through some pics to see how people modeled their Mordrak and I ran across this picture. "Hmm, those models look familiar!" I thought. I then realized that I purchased these models from you at pandemonium in late December..... Small. Fucking. World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry dude but you didnt buy them from me, maybe the guy i sold them to!! I built them and painted them and sold them on ebay last may!! Good to know they are still getting some love though!! the worlds even smaller than you think!! Whats pandemonium?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandemonium is a gaming store in garden city, MI. The fact that these models are on my dinging room table right now and have gone around so much and I randomly found pics of them on the internet makes this situation even funnier. Where did you get the rocks you put on the bases? I looked for some like it so I could get all my terminators to match but had no luck. Also, I am painting my models in all boltgun metal but I noticed that you painted ur Mordrak with a metal paint which was darker was it a mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome, hope you like them! The rocks on the bases are this stuff

      http://www.inspirationswholesale.co.uk/oasis-crushed-ice-450g-black.ir?cName=sand-dew-drops-crystals-crushed-ice

      called crushed ice, think they use it for flower displays and fish tanks!! dunno where you could get it in the states though.

      If i remember right i used an old old old spray can of boltgun metal, badab black wash, dry brush boltgun and then maybe washed again. hope that works for you.

      im just working on a storm raven now but for the fleshtearers. What a beast that is!!

      Delete