Sunday 19 June 2011

Sternly Stubborn

Submitted for your approval!!
5 Sternguard finally finished.

Im quite chuffed with these considering I just threw them together from spare bits and rescued marine legs in a rush to have some stern guard for a game ages ago. As ive mentioned before, im quite tight and skint. Both these things are great motivators of creativity!!

The eagle eyed amongst you will spot parts from the deathwatch kit, crimson fist and imperial fist kits as well as the Black templar kit too.

All their Bolters are from the death watch kit as I wanted them to stand out abit.


Deathwatch veteran and friend.


Note the Templar helmet, looks awesome in white, wish i had more.


And of course you'll remember old sarg from before, now with added back pack!!

I cant quite decide how to paint his helmet, I quite like the old style red with the white stripe but the new codex says red laurels. Hmmmm.... 

The gang all together!

A note on painting white.
Its all about layers, although personally I think I went abit crazy!!

My technique for these was

1. Astronomican Grey
2. White with a lot of Astro Grey
3.Astro grey with a lot of white
4. 2 layers of watered down Skull white.

I think I could have done it with out the first 2 levels, definitely with out the first one. But it is so important to let the layers dry completely between coats.

Speaking of which, think the last layer on my Chaplain dread should be dry by now.........

3 comments:

  1. Looking good!

    With it being Sternguard, I'd be inclined to go for the old style red with white stripe for the sergeant's helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great!
    As Rob said I'd also go red with white stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The panel has spoken, stripe it shall be!!

    ReplyDelete